23 March, 2018
Tuna Salad Supreme
In school, I always felt disappointed with the tuna sandwiches. See, at home, I enjoyed tuna all the time. It was my go to snack after school, simple to make and so delicious. I created this recipe to hopefully one day end the bland offering that is “tuna salad sandwich” and replace with “tuna salad supreme sandwiches”.
You can really tweak this to your liking, adjusting the tartness or adding a few more veggies to the mix. The most important thing is to use tuna in water. Like this, you control the flavor of the dish as well as the fat content. I really love this dish on fresh bread, like a Portuguese roll or lightly toasted ciabatta. I can also recommend trying it in a lettuce wrap for a low-carb option.
- Stainless Mixing Bowl (This is a good set that gives you many)
- Can Opener (You should own a good one like this)
- Canned Tuna in Water, 2 cans
- Mayonnaise , 2/3 Cup (you can buy or use my recipe!)
- Dijon Mustard, 2 Teaspoons
- Celery, 3 stalk centers, cut in small dice
- Worcestershire Sauce, 1 teaspoon
- Smoked Spanish Paprika, 1/2 teaspoon (Buy This One)
- Garlic Powder, 1/2 teaspoon
- Onion Powder, 1/2 teaspoon
- Black Pepper, 1/2 teaspoon
- Fresh Lemon Juice, 1 teaspoon
- Country Bread, 2 thick slices
- Sea Salt, to taste
Mix all ingredients in the bowl and serve immediately or refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve on the white bread or for a low carb, in a lettuce wrap.